Who We Are
We are a church that believes in and follows Jesus Christ.
Before 1935, the Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church of Scott, AR, used to be located by the old river. The church was flooded and destroyed twice by the river. The church then obtained land from George Alexander and moved the church to its present location on Steel Bend Road.
In 1940, lightning struck the church and it burned down. Everything was destroyed, including the church records. Dea. McKinley Washington, Rev. Abraham and others rebuilt the church. After rebuilding the church, payments were made by the church to purchase another piano. The Willing Workers Club sold fish dinners and ice cream to raise money to buy the pews. Before then, the congregation sat on wooden benches. The old altar furniture was donated to the church by a church in North Little Rock. Morning Star Baptist Church donated a painting that was put on the wall behind the pulpit.
In 1943, the church was rebuilt under the leadership of Rev. E. Dukes. The deacons were Dea. Roosevelt Wilson, Dea. Leo Tippins, Dea. Matthew Walker, Dea. Sam Bell and Dea. A. Cox.
An old house was given to the church by George Alexander. Dea. James Pettus and Booker Brooks and others used the old house to build our pastor's study, usher room and fellowship hall. Siding was also added to the church. The Inspirational and Youth Choir was also organized. Deeds to our land was given to PRBC from George Alexander. We are thankful to Rev. Alexander on who called Dea. Wilson on his sick bed and gave him the deed to the land.
Rev. Richard Harris served as Pastor for a total of 9 years. Under his leadership, the sanctuary and fellowship hall was remodeled. Carpet was installed in the sanctuary and central heat and air was added. A new piano was also purchased.
Rev. J. T. Talbert served as Pastor from 1987-1989. Under his leadership, the church purchased a new organ and new furniture for the Pastor's Study.
Rev. Clarence Holman served as Pastor from 1990-1993. Under his leadership the church purchased new choir robes, installed new carpet in the sanctuary, and added a second bathroom.
Rev. Harold L. Box, Sr. served as Pastor from 1994-2015. Under his leadership, the church purchased drums, a new van, baby grand piano, and has completed the building of a new church facility in 1999. Electronic monitors and televisions were installed. A cornerstone laying took place on November 15, 2009. The church was paid in full on October 20, 2013. After 21 years of service, Pastor Box retired on August 29, 2015.
On May 2, 2016, Rev. Donnell A. Montgomery, Sr. was elected as Pastor as has great plans to take our church into the next phase by, "Changing Lives and Empowering People through the Word of God".